Drawing and Painting Workshops
In Kuching, Malaysia from mid September 2017 to mid November 2017
I will be offering workshops and private lessons during my visit to Kuching.
For registration and more information, contact me by using:
Workshop A - Live figure drawing
- Location - Saradise Gallery
- No prior art / drawing knowledge required; suitable for both beginners and experienced participants.
- Each session will introduce one of the several approaches of drawing the figure - “Envelope”, “Box model”, “Gestural” or “Shapes”.
- In each of the approaches, we will explore a different way of interpreting and capturing the figure. Each with its own strengths and features.
- Upon completion of the workshop, participants can grow their skills in figure drawing or they could selectively integrate the new know-how into their own approach of art-making for any subject-matter.
- The workshop will include demonstration, detail explanation, notes and hands-on exercises by drawing from a live model.
Workshop B - Portrait drawing / painting
- Location - Saradise Gallery
- This is a 2 sessions workshop.
- It is most suitable for participant with basic knowledge in drawing or painting.
- During registration, participant must choose if they would like to work from a live model or from a self-prepared photograph. The photograph must be approved by the instructor before workshop.
- Participant can draw or paint using any preferred media but please specify during registration to confirm with the instructor before the session begin to avoid disappointment (hazardous media or media with strong odour are not allowed in class).
- Among topic of discussions will be capturing the likeness, interpreting the features and composing.
Workshop C - Realistic figure drawing
- Duration - six sessions (of 4 hours each).
- This is an intensive workshop most suited for serious participants.
- No prior drawing knowledge is required (yes, I am serious) but strong desire to learn is expected.
- The techniques covered are grounded on the experience and wisdom of many generations of great Artists since the Renaissance.
- A normal syllabus will take at least 2 years to complete; so this will be a compressed and intensive session with the intend to provide a good overview where the participant will have a lot to take home and practice after the workshop.
- Participant will make studies of drawings created by classical masters.
- Private lesson could be arranged on demand for topics ranging from drawing, watercolor, oil painting, chinese brush painting, portrait, landscape ...etc.
- It will be conducted in a studio in ChongLin Park at Jalan Tabuan, Kuching.
- Format will one-to-one with no more than 3 participant in any session.
- This is suitable for individuals with specific interest or for those looking for serious and intensive training in a focus area.
|1||Live figure drawing - Envelope approach||Saturday Oct 21st, 2017||9am - 1pm||Saradise Gallery|
|2||Live figure drawing - Box model approach||Saturday Oct 21st, 2017||2pm - 6pm||Saradise Gallery|
|3||Live figure drawing - Gestural approach||Saturday Oct 28th, 2017||9am - 1pm||Saradise Gallery|
|4||Live figure drawing - Shapes approach||Saturday Oct 28th, 2017||2pm - 6pm||Saradise Gallery|
|5||Live portrait drawing / painting - session 1||Saturday Nov 4th, 2017||9am - 1pm||Saradise Gallery|
|6||Live portrait drawing / painting - session 2||Saturday Nov 4th, 2017||2pm - 6pm||Saradise Gallery|
|7||Realistic figure drawing||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|8||Private lesson||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
- For item 1-6:
- Minimum: 2 sessions for RM250
- 4 sessions for RM450
- For item no. 7 - Realistic figure drawing (6 sessions) - RM700
- For item no. 8 - Private lesson - RM200 per 4 hours session
- Each workshop will require minimum of 5 participants to start
- The maximum capacity is 15 person
- Participants will need to prepare their own tools and materials. A material list will be provided